Welcome!

{ se-läh-vē } is the pronunciation of the French phrase C'est La Vie, meaning "that's life" or "that's how things go." The original phrase carries a bit of a negative connotation and is generally used as a term of surrender; surrender to life's lemons. But we at { se-läh-vē } believe that we don't just surrender, we take those lemons and make lemonade!


The purpose of this blog isn't just to showcase the events we've coordinated or give you helpful tips and pointers, but it's to journal and document the families we've encountered and the moments we've been a part of, where they took time out of their busy schedules to really look back on their lives and count their blessings...and simply put, to celebrate and have a good time! My hope is that this blog will inspire you to do the same in your own life!



Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Noah's First Birthday

A couple of weeks ago I had the honor of coordinating my first, First Birthday for my friend's son, Noah. I never imagined how a one year old's birthday could be so elaborate, but this mommy was truly dedicated to making her one and only baby boy's birthday truly special!

Enjoy all the juicy, little details.

Disclaimer: I was the Coordinator and not the Designer of this event. All the details you see were envisioned and made by the crazy mother of this child.


Can you say ADORABLE, or what???

Audrey did a WONDERFUL job with the cake!

More juicy details of the head table.

Absolutely LOVED the candy bar! Kudos to iheartsugarbird!

The blue candies totally turned my mouth blue! Not really the professional look I was going for...



Yes, my friend made hats for every child in attendance...and yes the fringe is sewn on. 

Yes, the favors were personalized for each child and yes, she is crazy.

We had a craft station in the patio of the restaurant and I think it was one of the greatest ways to keep kids busy and entertained while the adults enjoyed their meal inside.

It also kind of helped that the craft (wooden sailboat from a kit) was a bit challenging...definitely kept them occupied :)

After all of their hard work building their boats, they had a blast floating it in the kiddie pool!

A year can feel like a long time at times, but when I think back to when Noah was first born and all the growing he's done since then, it truly amazes me that all that could happen within a year. I truly, truly love this kid! It's to the point where I may have to love my own child more than him, but I may end up liking him a little bit more ;) 

I love being part of events where I can truly celebrate along with the guests. It makes the day so much more enjoyable, meaningful, satisfying, rewarding...the list can go on. 

Nobers, if you read this one day...

I just want you to know that Auntie loves you so much! I know Uncle Gerry keeps saying he's going to be the "scary uncle" to you, but just know that he has good intentions and that you'll probably grow to love and appreciate him more when you are 21. (That's if mommy let's him stick around 'til then).  :) 

We hope to celebrate many more birthdays with you and we pray that you continue to be a blessing to all those around you! Make mommy and daddy proud!


Venue: Blue Water Grill
Photographer: John Park Photography
Candy Bar: Joono Choi of iheartsugarbird
Desserts: Audrey's Edible Creations



No comments:

Post a Comment