Welcome!

{ se-läh-vē } is the pronunciation of the French phrase C'est La Vie, meaning "that's life" or "that's how things go." The original phrase carries a bit of a negative connotation and is generally used as a term of surrender; surrender to life's lemons. But we at { se-läh-vē } believe that we don't just surrender, we take those lemons and make lemonade!


The purpose of this blog isn't just to showcase the events we've coordinated or give you helpful tips and pointers, but it's to journal and document the families we've encountered and the moments we've been a part of, where they took time out of their busy schedules to really look back on their lives and count their blessings...and simply put, to celebrate and have a good time! My hope is that this blog will inspire you to do the same in your own life!



Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Teresa and Kenneth

Teresa and Kenneth got married a few weeks ago at the Athenaeum located on the Cal Tech campus in Pasadena. The location was beautiful with a nice open space for the ceremony and a very intimate courtyard for the reception.

I met Teresa only 3 weeks before her wedding and although those 3 weeks went by in a flash, I felt like Teresa and I had known each other for years! I instantly felt comfortable which allowed me to get in the zone and do my thang! Poor Kenneth though, the first time I met him was in the middle of the Lakers vs. Celtics game 6...that was true dedication and devotion!

Needless to say, I had so much fun working with these two and am so glad to have found a new friendship in the most unexpected way. I love that about this job!

Photos were taken by Amelia Lyon...and can I just say: A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! I've always heard great things about her and how awesome her work is, but meeting her in person made me fall in love! She's not only talented but she's so down to earth and FUN! See for yourself...

Teresa's dress was straight out of a fairytale wedding...so dreamy!





Loved all the small details that Teresa incorporated into her wedding! She did such a great job! I guess that's one of the perks of graduating from an art school and having artistically talented friends!

My favorite part of the day after watching the Groom see his Bride walk down the aisle is the First Glance! Always such a sweet moment!

Had so much fun with this group! Great job in supporting your friends!

So elegant, yet so silly. My favorite combo.

Look at this cool guy!



SO frame-worthy!

Kenneth's a natural!

The sweetest Bridesmaids ever! And I have to add...those stairs gave me buns of steel! Running up and down that thing was no joke!

Beautiful ceremony.

My favorite shot of the day!



Such a beautiful couple. Inside and out.

I'm pretty sure it was all a blur after this...


Teresa and Kenneth,

I know we didn't have much time to get to know each other before your big day, but thank you for letting me in and allowing me to share in one of the most intimate days of your life. It was truly a special day and one to remember. I hope you were able to enjoy it to the fullest! Much love and many blessings to you! Can't wait to see/hear of all the happiness that will unfold from this day forward!

Venue: Athenaeum, Pasadena
Photography: Amelia Lyon
Flowers: Commerce Flowers
Bride's Dress: Reem Acra

No comments:

Post a Comment